We’re already in bloomin’ May, say whatt? I’ve pretty much blinked and missed this year so far. Then next one of these I write will be June which is the year halfway point. Is someone messing with us? It’ll be Christmas again before we know it, and 2018 (which is a pretty terrifying year and will mark 10 years since I left school. Now that’s a crazy thought).
April was a pretty snazzy month with heaps of happy moments to share. It’s been great hanging around Auckland and having some much needed down time. Here’s my top favourites:
– Easter Bunny came
– Long weekends times two
– A beautiful wedding for my colleague
– Attending the Dawn Service for Anzac day at Auckland Museum
– Falling in love with writing again, both from a work point of view and a personal one
– My best friend getting engaged!! (eeeek!)
– Amazing pink sunsets aplenty
– Reading “First, we make the beast beautiful” by Sarah Wilson
– Re-starting Yoga classes
– Buy bargain new bedding and making the bed super comfy ready for the colder nights
– Going to the Royal Easter Show and petting baby animals
– A work away day at a venue with AMAZING views of Auckland
– Treat-day Saturday with pancakes
– Buying a nutribullet and going smoothie mad
– Having my first pedicure, and giggling the whole way through because it tickled
– Being gifted some of Gisborne’s finest avocados and having them on toast with roasted seeds and nuts
– A pretty epic freelance opportunity coming my way (more on that soon!)
– Going to the Auckland Royal Easter show
– Adding a careers section to my blog and writing all about life in employment
Ahhh life is so good. I feel like such a lucky kid!
Toasted sesame seeds, peanuts and sunflower seeds with avocado, chilli and lime on toast.
Hashtag no filter kind skies.
Petting a grumpy pig at the Royal Easter Show.
Waffles at the Royal Easter Show.
Tucking into one of the many treats we ate.
Easter Bunny came for all the flatmates!
Tea and a good book in the Autumnal Sunshine.
Nigella style pancakes!
One of my favourite sunsets from the deck.
Two Easter Bunnies.
Always admiring the Auckland Skyline.
I promise I didn’t push this child out of the way to pet the baby pig.
Avocado delivery aka the best kind of delivery.
Pedicure time minus the giggles.
All the green breakfast smoothies.
My first batch of Anzac biscuits.
Pancakes with banana coins and blueberries, real maple syrup added after.
That all looked pretty good didn’t it? I love this little visual diary I’m keeping, it’s so lovely to go back through all my photos from the month and pick my favourites.
Aims for May:
– Keep going to Thursday morning Yoga
– Network at New Zealand’s tech week events
– Get outside and enjoy the last of the Autumn sun
– Eat less dairy
– Blog at least once a week
Coming up in May:
– A trip to Nelson
– Seeing one of my favourite artists, Sampha in Auckland
– A weekend home along
– Breakfast at Fish, Hilton Hotel Auckland
It’s pretty self-indulgent writing these posts, but I want to look back at all the wonderful things, even the littlest ones, that have happened and filled me with joy.